The Seahawks went big once again when they selected Michigan DE Mike Morris. The 6’5 275 Morris was named the Big Ten Conference Defensive Player of the Year in 2022. Morris fell to the 5th round due to some disappointing test numbers at the combine. Bad news for everyone and good news for the Seahawks who disregarded the combine numbers.
Morris led the Wolverines with 11 sacks for loss with 7.5 sacks saw action in 12 games with 11 starts and is tailor-made to play in a 4-3 and 3-4 defensive scheme. His closing speed is another asset. That closing speed found Morris in the opponent’s backfield.
SHORT-TERM / LONG-TERM IMPACT
The Seahawk’s quest for big , fast, and intelligent defensive line continues with this pick. My projection is that Morris will make the team and get on the field on a rotational capacity. His rush defense will get him snaps while his lack of good pass-rushing ability will limit those snaps until he horns his skill.
MIKE MORRIS MEDIA PRESS CONFERENCE
- Quick takes from Seahawks’ 41 to 35 loss to the Cowboys
- Seattle Sounders Season Comes to a crashing halt at the hands of LAFC.
- Washington Huskies finish the regular season undefeated with 24-21 win over the Washington State Cougars
- Seahawks outmatched in 31-13 loss to the Niners
- What the Seahawks said after their disappointing loss to the 49ers