The statistics bear out the anomalies and yet on the same note confirm that Saturday’s game between Sounders FC and the Portland Timbers is a rivalry game. In rivalry, clashes one can throw out all of the statistics.
The Sounders sit atop the Western Conference standings with a 5-1-1 16 points record. The Timbers ( 1-4-2, 5 points ) on the other hand are 12th in the conference with just one win in the last seven games. With all that being said the Timbers have won the last head-to-head matches against the Sounders with a 7-1 goal advantage.
Seattle and Portland have met on 116 occasions across all competitions since 1975, with Seattle leading the all-time series 56-45-15. Although Sounders FC leads the MLS regular-season series 14-13. History aside the Sounder’s aim on Saturday is to snap the losing streak and continue their red hot start to the season.
Josh Atencio Right Adductor Strain
Albert Rusnák Right Heel Pain
Dylan Teves Right Hamstring Strain
- Storm overcome 21-point deficit to earn first win of the season
- Mariners end losing streak with solid 4-1 win versus Padres
- Loyd’s 37 points not enough to lead Storm over Sparks
- Kraken extend GM Ron Francis contract
- Mariners lose finale 12-3 as Rangers complete series sweep
• Despite not scoring in last weekend’s win, Jordan Morris leads MLS
with eight goals, two ahead of the next highest scorer. Léo Chú is tied
for the league lead with five assists, while Nico Lodeiro is one behind
• Saturday’s matchup also marks the beginning of Seattle’s quest to
regain the Cascadia Cup after Portland won the regional trophy last
season. Vancouver currently leads the standings with three points after
its 1-0 win over the Timbers last weekend.
• Captain Nico Lodeiro one appearance shy of becoming the sixth
player in Sounders FC history to appear in 200 matches across all
• Following the trip to Providence Park, Seattle returns home to take
on Minnesota United FC on Saturday, April 22 on the Emerald Queen
Casino Pitch at Lumen Field (7:30 p.m. PT / Apple TV – Watch Free,
iHeartMedia, El Rey 1360 AM).