PER SOUNDERS RELEASE
Jordan Morris scored his fifth goal of the season as Sounders FC (11-6-5, 38 points) earned 1-0 road win over the Houston Dynamo (9-10-3, 30 points) on Saturday evening at BBVA Stadium. The result marked the second consecutive road win for Seattle and the seventh straight victory over the Dynamo (including postseason), as Stefan Frei recorded his seventh shutout of the season. The win propels Seattle to second place in the Western Conference, 11 points shy of Supporters’ Shield-leading Los Angeles FC and one point above the LA Galaxy and San Jose Earthquake
- With Saturday’s result, Sounders FC jumps to second place in the Western Conference with 38 points (11-6-5), 11 points behind Supporters’ Shield-leading LAFC. The club sits one point ahead of the LA Galaxy and San Jose Earthquakes, as well as three points clear of fourth-place Minnesota United FC.
- Sounders FC is 10-4-5 all-time against the Dynamo in MLS regular-season play, including a 2-4-4 record in Houston. Seattle has now won seven straight games against the Dynamo (including postseason), with the last loss to Houston coming on March 4, 2017.
- Forward Jordan Morris scored his fifth goal of the season, tied for second on the squad with Kelvin Leerdam. It was also the 20th career goal for Morris in 72 regular season appearances.
- Goalkeeper Stefan Frei made three saves en route to his seventh shutout of the season, tied for third in MLS. The veteran goalkeeper now has 73 career clean sheets, good for seventh in league history.
- Forward Raúl Ruidíaz and midfielder Gustav Svensson remained in Seattle due to injuries suffered against Portland, paving the way for Jordy Delem and Danny Leyva to start at central midfield. Cristian Roldan and Jordan Morris each moved up a line to right wing and forward, respectively. Saad Abdul-Salaam started at right back for Kelvin Leerdam, who is dealing with right ankle impingement, while Nouhou started at left back and Brad Smith slid up to the left wing.
- Brad Smith was forced to leave the game in the first half with left adductor pain. He was replaced by Harry Shipp in the 31stminute.