The California Golden Bears ( 2-0) continued their mystery over the Washington Huskies (1-1) with a stunning 20-19 win Satuday night at Husky Stadium . It was the second consecutive year in which the Bears have upset the Huskies. Saturday nights game was no ordinary game on and off the field as the weather caused a two hour and 39 minute delay.
NOTES FROM THE GAME
Husky Stadium – 68 degree, cloudy, no wind (at kick)….2:39 minute weather delay.
Sept. 7, 2019
• The captains for tonight’s game were: Myles Bryant, Kyler Gordon, Nick Harris and Jaxson Kirkland.
• The game had a 2-hour, 39-minute lightning delay, the first such delay in UW Football history at home.
• The end of the first quarter came at 10:49 p.m., 3-hours and 9-minutes after kickoff.
• Salvon Ahmed surpassed 100 yards rushing for the first time in his 29-game UW career, dashing for 119 yards
on 21 carries. His previous career high was 86 yards vs. BYU on 9/28/2019.
• Peyton Henry established a new career high with four field goals. He is the first Husky to record four field
goals since Erik Folk hit as many in a 32-31 upset at No. 18 USC on Oct. 2, 2010. He also set a new career-best by
connecting from 49 yards out with 3:52 left in the fourth quarter.
• Tuli Letuligasenoa recorded his first career sack during Cal’s second possession of the first quarter and
Laiatu Latu shared a sack with Brandon Wellington in the second quarter for his first career sack.
• With his second-quarter TD run, Salvon Ahmed has rushed for scores in back-to-back games for the second
time in his career (also last season, at Oregon  and vs. Colorado).
• Joe Tryon led the Huskies with a career-high seven tackles.
• Devin Culp made his collegiate debut in the fourth quarter, the 21st different Husky to make their D-I debut in 2019