PER SOUNDERS FC RELEASE:
- With today’s result, Sounders FC sits in third place in the Western Conference with 35 points (10-6-5), 11 points behind Supporters’ Shield-leading LAFC. The club is now two points behind second-place LA Galaxy and one point ahead of fourth-place Minnesota United.
- Sounders FC is now 11-11-6 all-time in MLS play (including postseason) against the Timbers. Dating back to 1975, the two sides have met 106 times across all competitions, with Seattle holding a 52-40-14 advantage.
- 50,072 fans attended tonight’s match at CenturyLink Field, the highest single-game attendance figure in MLS this week, besting Atlanta’s 44,405 against D.C. United tonight and 42,557 against Houston on Wednesday.
- Sounders FC had its 13-game (11-0-2) regular-season home unbeaten streak snapped, which dated back to September 29 of last season. The streak was tied for the second-longest in club history and just one shy of the franchise record of 14 (10-0-4) set in 2013.
- Raúl Ruidíaz now has 21 goals in 28 appearances across all competitions since coming to Seattle last summer. He leads the club in goals this season with eight.
- Seattle now sits tied for first place with Vancouver (1-1-1) in the 2019 Cascadia Cup standings with four points (1-1-1), one point ahead of Portland (1-1-0). Sounders FC holds the first tiebreaker (head-to-head points) over Whitecaps FC. Two games remain in Cascadia Cup play, with Portland hosting Vancouver on August 10 and Seattle on August 23.